I just read this great article called “5 Misconceptions of Celiac Disease” by Jessica of Gluten Free Chops about the many misconceptions of Celiac disease. I think the many misconceptions (like “Celiac disease goes away”, or “going gluten free can help you lose weight”), would be laughable if they weren’t so annoying!
Here are the misconceptions she wrote about.
- I don’t experience any outward symptoms…so I can’t have Celiac Disease
- I’ve tried the Gluten Free Diet for a few weeks…but I still have symptoms. This means I don’t have Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease goes away.
- Everyone should go on a Gluten Free Diet, it’s a great way to lose weight.
- It’s okay if I slip up and have gluten every once in a while, I don’t feel sick.
I encourage you to read the article on her blog!