My boyfriend decided to surprise me and make dinner tonight since he had the day off work. We have quesadillas a lot so it sounds simple enough, but he mixed up the ingredients and the results were pure gluten-free yumminess.
So while I didn’t create this recipe myself, I’ll call it a Lazy GF Chef Original!
- Half a bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 a green zucchini, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1.5 breasts of chicken, small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of red crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Jalapeno Havarti, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 GF tortillas (I use “Good for Life Brown Rice Tortillas”)
Combine all four veggies in a bowl and toss with evoo (extra virgin olive oil), sea salt and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Put into a BBQ tray and throw on the BBQ until cooked and slightly crispy.
Brown the chicken in a frying pan and either cook on BBQ or in the pan. Add garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes and a bit more hot sauce if you dare. Cook thoroughly and combine with veggie mix.
To assemble into quesadillas, layer on frying pan: one tortilla, a sprinkle of cheese, chicken & veggie mix, more cheese and another tortilla. Let brown slightly until cheese melts, and then flip and do the other side. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
We paired it with a lovely rosé wine from Quail’s Gate Winery in Kelowna, BC.
Cut into cute little pie shapes and serve with a dollop of sour cream. And enjoy!