Although I love my Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread (one of my all time favourite recipes!), I had to try this banana bread recipe with cranberries – yum! I had to hold my hands behind me to resist throwing in some cocoa, cacao nibs, chocolate chips or the like, but it was worth it. The tartness of the cranberries gives it the zing factor so chocolate isn’t needed in this case. (Yes, I’m a bit of a chocolate snob.)
Even my boyfriend Mike – who resists almost everything on the non-savoury side of things – ate it up!
This recipe is from Allergic Living – I made a few adjustments to maximize deliciousness, so you can check of the original recipe here.
I hope you like it as much as we did! This goes great with tea for breakfast or for an anytime snack. Enjoy.
Gluten Free Cranberry Banana Loaf
- 1¼ cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs or 4 tbsp egg replacer
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- A handful of chopped walnuts (not in the original recipe, but they add a nice crunch)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and xatham gum.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to cream together oil and sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas, cranberries and walnuts.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix and combine. Pour into loaf pan and bake about 45 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out onto cooling rack to cool. Slice and serve.